Thursday, May 27, 2010

Squeegee!


I have learned a new tips this past year that I thought I should share to hopefully save someone any wasted time. Dun dun na naaaaa....

Apply Gesso with a squeegee like this! :


I cannot tell you how much time I have wasted sanding paint brush lines out of my gessoed canvases, and even after an hour of intense sanding there will still be groves and nixs in my final canvas that are just to deep and fine to fully sand without taking the gesso off completely. The one above is by Speedball and is very inexpensive. I am so pleased with the smooth finish this squeegee provides when applying gesso, not to mention it covers a large area so it also saves time in that way.

If you try on out or if you already use the squeegee technique while gesso-ing let me know what you think!

No comments: