Sunday, September 26, 2010

Magical Peru

I have just recently returned from one of the most magical adventures of my life! John and I went with a group called Raw Flora to Peru! I feel so blessed to have seen such a breathtaking place and to have been in the company of such radiant beings. I cannot possibly give high enough praise to this guided journey, if you feel a calling from the jungle or what to experience South America in an rich and authentic way, this maybe for you!

Machu Picchu

baby lama in Cusco!!


Here we stayed for several nights by candle light. Nestled in the jungle, there was no hot water or electric, the night sky was so clear the distinction between myself and the stars faded to nothing.

I bought some of these amazing paints, they are made completely from pigments found in nature such as beetle shells, minerals, and cactus flowers. It was so incredible, I have never seen anything like it, I am excited to use them.

The textiles where unbelievably gorgeous, made without the use of any machines. This is a scarf I got in Cusco that I will cherish forever, all of the colors come from natural dye and the fibers are made and woven by hand from the fleece of baby alpaca.
The markets of Peru hold a magical vibration, charged with the beauty of human creation in tandem with unlocking secrets of nature. It seems not a single blade of grass didn't provide at least 5 uses for the Peruvian people.



1 comment:

Marcio Oliveira said...

Hello, I'm from Brazil, Peru and saw CUSCO, the TV (National Geographic) one day like to meet because of art.
Hug
Marcio
see my paints:

http://modamom.blogspot.com/2010/04/abr2010.html