Monday, February 7, 2011

Task Force

I am finally aiming to finish "I Couldn't tell if I was Dreaming" today
( you can see in sneak peeks)
The most important thing for me when starting a day of painting is a fresh smooth pallet, which made me think of the task force...


A very dear and talented friend of mine went supply shopping with me once upon a time and she suggested a few very smart elements for my tool kit: as a result saved me hours of precious painting time Y

1.

A paint scrapper! Who knew? I didn't even know this exsisted! I don't know what I did to clean my pallets before, I think I used a pallet knife and solvent, which took for-ever! Now I have this handy do-dad and I am done in minutes, you can get one too at any hardware store.

2.
This key thingy! For opening paint cans! I just pop . pop . pop - and voila I am gessoing in no time.

And let's not forget another very important member of the task force from an old post ;)

Y

One of the best things about having my studio was hanging out with my friends and seeing other artists work and sharing ideas (okay 3 of the best things), Now I am working from home, I miss my studio *sigh*.



1 comment:

Tania said...

I love this post :) It made me smile. Thanks for the little shout out! That trip to the hardware store was great and so was all the time spent in your studio. Your work and dedication to it was really inspiring (and still is).
Hope you are doing well and that you come to the city for a visit soon! xoxo